A statistical analysis of Indian Cricket since 2008...
|Count - Winner||Result|
- India has not toured Australia from April 2008 till date
- India has not been to England in the past 4 years!!!! Last England Tour was in 2007.
- We have lost 13 and won 6 abroad, counting this test. Remove the past 8 tests, and you still have less than flattering numbers of 5 lost and 6 Won Abroad.
- These 6 away victories are :
- West Indies
- 2 Sri Lanka
- 1 Australia
- 1 New Zealand
- 1 South Africa
- At Home, 14 wins to 2 losses!
- In 2007, India played 10 tests - 7 away, 3 home. 2 lost, 2 won and 3 drawn abroad. Incidentally, the 2 won includes a win against Bangladesh!!!!
Not World Champion Stuff, I must say... I am beginning to think that our weaknesses lie brutally exposed... as we did not come into contact with England, which was also doing well. After the drubbing against England, the demotivation faced by the team ensured the Australia debacle. We perhaps became number 1 by default, caused by Australia's debacle, with the others being in no position to stake a claim. Perhaps they were playing away from home!!!!
And the last point is also critical: look at the figures after the coach change, and see the graph - especially away results...
Are the batsmen to blame??????? I dont know, but these figures are certainly queer, and thought provoking - and deny the accusations against our batsmen....