A Trade War Beckons...?
- Nuclear Tests - Sanctions, followed by a hasty volte-face years later as the potential of the market was realised
- Refusal to handover Cryogenic Technology, while evincing interest in India's Nuclear Market!
- Attempt to Blockade India's Agricultural Subsidies as China might gain, unmindful of the brutal and deleterious impact on Indian Farm Output and Employment, given that 80% of farmers are dependent on Subsidies to make it even out. Without that, all of these would be making a loss from their farms - and this has nothing to do with how effective out subsidy in reaching the farmers. Fact of the matter is that due to USA, our farmers would (might?) have died, If this sounds fanciful, look up farmer suicides in India
- Attempt to blockade India Retail FDI : with objections to the 30% sourcing clause from domestic industry
- The poor reputation of the USA as a defence supplier, with a penchant to withdraw or withhold critical parts and supplies in order to push forward their own agenda