Skip to main content

 CORONAVIRUS : The Recovery Path

A CoMorbidity Patient’s Perspective

 

This is the 2nd and concluding part of my experiences with Covid19 on a first-person basis. In this path I outline my experiences as a recovering patient. This is my personal account, and not meant to be  extrapolatable – in other words, learn from this, but do not assume symptoms or approach or diet for yourself without proper medical guidance. This is a serious issue – and my objective is to give those who are unaware of the reality of this disease an opportunity to read about a firstperson patient’s experience.

 

Further, please note that my experience is firstly of borderline Coronavirus, and is that of a person with CoMorbities – Diabetes {4 years}, Asthma {16 years} and Hypertension {24 years} in a background of Cervical Spondylosis {14 Years} and minor infarcts {10 years} {due to BP} in my brain. I do not know of the technicalities, though am a Biology Grad, and deeply passionate on Genetics. I still study genetics, by the way – but I am not aware of anything on Medicine. I am a simple patient, that is all. Lastly, this is writeup applicable only to myself.


 

MY EXPERIENCE

Moving ahead – I was out of quarantine by about 10 September or so. It is not two months on from that – and basis my experience, I have never felt such a massive hitback in the post-disease period of any illness, and,  as can be seen, I have had some lengthy medical issues to deal with in my life. This is my first and most important highlighted point. The recovery period for me has been one of weakness, first and foremost. And the weakness is taking a lot of time to go. So, ask your Doctor if you feel weak, and obey. I do not know if this is due to Corona, so I make no link between the two. Ask the Doctor.

 

It is a strange kind of weakness, it does not completely debilitate you, in that you are active, and can feel an urge to return to normalcy. Do not do so without medical advice. Ask specifically, can I return to normal routine to your Doctor. Trust me on this, please. I felt almost normal, but not quite. In the first 2-3 weeks, the slightest activity would tire me, forcing me to sleep in the afternoons for 4-odd hours. Only by the first week of October, 3+ weeks after quarantine ended, was I able to think of restarting professional schedules. Well, even then, entire October passed me by and I was still feeling weakness, though to a lesser degree. My productivity had nose-dived to 20% of normal!

 

This has been further exacerbated by a series of mild irritants, one after the other, in an almost unbroken chain of events. Every few days I am being hit by a mild cold, or a slight discomfort in the stomach region. {Read Stomach region as the general region below the lung area, not the anatomical stomach!} Added to that is a continuing mild ache at times in the legs and hips region. Of late, there have been some isolated feelings of spasm in the legs, ache in the knees and ankles. These are mild – in some cases so mild that no self-respecting diabetic will even call them an illness!

 

CONCLUSION

Are these due to or related to Corona? I do not know. I am not a medical person. All I am stating above is the sequence of events as has happened to me. Note that I do not list medications etc that I am taking – my sole objective is to list my experience as a patient of Covid-19, and place on record what I am going through in the hope that it may help others with profiles similar to mine – CoMorbidity patients. All I know is that it is only now, Diwali 2020, November-mid, that I am nearing somewhere near 80% of my previous output.  I hope my effort here helps some one reach the right decisions…

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PK, The Movie : One Of The Best...

\ PK : A Movie Ahead Of Its Time; A Movie That Is A Very Vital And Current Need! I dont normally review movies; my blog does not lend itself to such an activity, given its positioning as one that asks some tough questions to Indians. I am making an exception for this movie, not because it is a landmark movie {which it is}, but because this movie is also one that asks some pretty blunt, and to some people, offensive questions.  It is rather sad and humbling to see the vigorous protests to this movie, and some cases of active on-street protests and interference in some places. Sad, because there is almost nothing in the content that should excite such actions; and humbling because it is a painful reminder that we as a nation have still a ways to go in our quest for true development! Before I move onto the movie, I have just one question : did the protesters also protest to Haider? If no, you did not find the negative portrayal of The Indian Army objecti

Tarkeshwar Mahadev : Pune Hidden Gems

What do you do when you have something good, something that is praiseworthy, and something that can be an attraction? Answer, if you are in Pune – keep silent about it, tell no one. This is seemingly exaggerated – perhaps it is exaggerated; but I am flabbergasted by a series of unbelievable locations that I have visited in Pune City – within main Pune City, mind you . These are not well known – at least not one single localite informed me, even on asking . At least those I talked. If I didn’t talk to the right people, perhaps I am in the wrong. But – if you expand your vision to TV, Cinema, Popular opinion, hotels – the situation above gets proof. I earlier visited Pune on a family holiday, stayed in a good Hotel. Not one Hotel informed me of these; not one person – Taxi, Tour Guide – even mentioned these . Thus, it seems to me that Puneites don’t realise how lovely a city they have, how mesmerizing are its many, many tourist-worthy places, how rich and unspoiled,

Book Review : Chhatrapati Shivaji

Chhattrapati Shivaji stands as one of the most celebrated medieval heroes in Modern India; it is a name that touches a chord in almost every Indian, and is a powerful force to reckon with even today, three centuries after his death. He is present everywhere you can see; he is one of the few to withstand the onslaught of naming everything in sight after the Nehru family. A Chhatrapati square her, a Shivaji Terminus there – many cities have honoured themselves with some landmark, statue, street or square in his name. Such is his current followership, and so powerful is his presence. This makes reviewing any book related on this personality a big responsibility, a tough task  – and not one to be taken with insincerity, or with bias,  or attitude. I had always thought of The Chhatrapati as a tall personality, a commanding and great Indian; but had never given a thought to the pull, the deep connect and the powerful influence this genius had on me; as I read the current book, as I t